The Deep Blue You humans know nothing about sight. Only in blindness can one truly see.
K'lathen Mormyr, a Deep Blue Seer
Like many creatures, the psionic goblins commonly known as Blues have counterparts that live deep below the earth. This secretive people have lived separate from the world for centuries, inhabiting only the regions of total darkness. Over time, they lost their unnecessary eyes, and in turn, developed an inner sight related to their psionic abilities. This makes them adept at becoming psions that study clairsentience, and many gifted Deep Blues have become some of the best Seers the world has ever known.DEEP BLUE RACIAL TRAITS
STARTING AGE Adulthood
- -2 Str, -2 Con, +2 Dex, +4 Int, -2 Cha
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ of those of Medium characters.
- Humanoid (Goblinoid, Psionic)
- 30 ft. base land speed
- Naturally Psionic: The Deep Blue gains 1 bonus power point at 1st level
- Blind: The Deep Blue has no natural sense of sight; it is treated as though continually and incurably blind
- Blindsight out to 60 ft as long as the Deep Blue has at least 1 remaining power point.
- Racial Skills: A Deep Blue character has a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks, Listen checks, and Knowledge (Dungeoneering) checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin (with an archaic accent that is difficult for most other goblins to understand).
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc, Drow.
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Favored Class: Psion
: 40 Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer
: 40 Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger
: 55 Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard
: 80AGING EFFECTS Middle Age
- 70 years: -1 to str, con, and dex, +1 to int, wis, and cha Old
- 130 years: -2 to to str, con, and dex, +1 to int, wis, and cha Venerable
- 190 years: -3 to str, con, and dex, +1 to int, wis, and cha Maximum Age
: 240HEIGHT AND WEIGHT Base Height
: Male: 2 ft, 10 in. Female: 2 ft, 6 in. Height Modifier
: +2d4 Base Weight
: Male: 60 lbs. Female: 50 lbs. Weight Modifier
: x1RACE CHARACTERS
Quick generalization of what this race is good for as far as characters go.. Adventuring Race
: Why members of this class go on adventures. Character Development
: Give suggestions for making a character with this race. Character Names
: Give examples of names by gender or other arrangement.ROLEPLAYING A RACE
Quick generalization about playing a member of this race. Personality
: Give general stereotype of the personality of a member of this race and some roleplaying applications. Behaviors
: Typical behaviors for a member of this race.. Language
:Notes on this races language..RACE SOCIETY
Description of this races society, culture, and civilization. Alignment
: What alignment is common to members of this race and why. Lands
: Where do they normally live. Settlements
: Where do they normally live when not in their homelands. Beliefs
:Typical religious beliefs. Relations
: How do they relate to other races.RACE ADVENTURES
- Give at least three examples of an adventure for or involving a member of this race
...The rest will be up soon.