Author Topic: Statting Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya/Melty Blood  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
Statting Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya/Melty Blood
« Topic Start: November 06, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
Index post

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Statting Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya/Melty Blood
« Reply #1: November 06, 2011, 10:09:46 AM »
Work in progress. Still need to work on the ability to modify memories. Plus, I can't remember the best ways to prevent resurrection - Hunter of the Dead would be okay, but it's only the Seventh that carries that effect (and I don't want to use Black Flame Zealot again, even if I can fit it in the build).

Ciel
Attacks from Battle Moon Wars

LN Elan cleric ?/Master thrower ?/Prestige urban ranger ?/
Feats: Leadership, Point Blank Shot, Ranged Pin, Tireless, Troll-Blooded, Two-Weapon Fighting
Flaws: Does "must eat any curry in sight" count?
Favoured enemies: Undead, Evil outsiders
Equipment: Black Keys (Large +1 holy daggers), Strongarm bracers

The Seventh Holy Scripture

This is a Large +5 holy starmetal heavy pick. Much of its body is made of livewood, the remains of the tree to which Nanako is bound.

Seven, aka "Nanako" (cohort)

Dryad (greater fey bloodline, ritual of alignment) Fiend of Possession 5/Uncanny Trickster 3/Legacy Champion X
Feats: Otherworldly

When possessing the Seventh Holy Scripture, Nanako applies the undead bane, evil outsider bane, slaying and disruption qualities (or as many as she can fit).

"Immortality" is sort-of handled by the Troll-Blooded feat, which gives her regeneration 1/fire or acid (the sunlight fatigue is negated by Tireless, though I suppose it's possible that Ciel could be weaker at day).
Someone necro'd another thread of mine, and I recalled this one.

Quote from: Tome build
Ciel
LG Elan saint Cleric (spontaneous domain: Charm) ?/Master thrower 3/Hunter of the dead ?
Feats: 3x exalted feats, Leadership, Point Blank ShotB, Product of Infernal Dalliance (baatezu), Ranged Pin, Tireless, Troll-Blooded, Two-Weapon Fighting
Flaws: ?, Still looking for a curry one
Domains: Charm (grants charm person), Elf (Point Blank Shot as bonus feat)
Equipment: Black Keys (Large +1 holy daggers), Strongarm bracers

Troll-Blooded: Regeneration 1/fire or acid, but fatigued in sunlight
Product of Infernal Dalliance: Immune to fire
Saint: Immune to acid
Tireless: Immune to fatigue

Alternatively
Quote from: Tome build
Ciel
LG Human saint Warlock 18
Feats: 3x exalted feats, Leadership, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Product of Infernal Dalliance (baatezu), Ranged Pin, Tireless, Troll-Blooded
Flaws: ?, Still looking for a curry one
Invocations: Charm, Leaps and Bounds, various eldritch essences

Or a soulbow. Isn't there some weapon enhancment which deals extra energy damage and lets you change the type?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:13:23 AM by Prime32 »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 06, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »
She's an lv24 character because she's "three times more powerful than a Servant", and I statted the most powerful Fate/stay night characters as lv21.

Arcueid Brunestud

CN Half-fey Razorclaw shifter Druid 22
Flaws: Blind Rage

Druidic avenger variant. Shifter racial substitution level at 5th (Wild shifting).

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 06, 2011, 10:10:46 AM »

One thing which these builds don't simulate is the way Shiki's Nanaya blood boils in the presence of unnatural creatures, causing him to be filled with violent urges and increasing his physical abilities. I figure this could be covered by Favoured Enemy (evil outsider/undead) and the Nemesis feat (picked up with Vow of Poverty), though this would require working in ranger levels as well (use the ACF which trades away your animal companion and lets you add favoured enemy bonuses to attack rolls).

Or you could combine that variant with the druid variant which trades wildshape for ranger class features.

Then there's the Slayer of Domiel PrC in Book of Exalted Deeds, a sneaky PrC which can kill evil creatures by touching them. Shiki might even be called a Risen Martyr, since he did die and come back. :p

Tohno/Nanaya Shiki
NG/NE Human Variant druid 5/Rogue 1/Warlock 2/Black flame zealot 10/Warblade 2
Feats: Sacred Vow, Shadow Blade, Vile Martial Strike (kukri), Vow of Poverty, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (kukri)
Vow of Poverty benefits:
Feats: Nemesis (evil outsider), Nemesis (undead), Nimbus of Light, Sacred Strike, Stigmata
+10 exalted AC, +3 deflection AC, +2 natural armour
DR 10/evil
All attacks are +5 and good-aligned
Ability enhancement +8/+6/+4/+2
Energy resistance 15
True seeing
Freedom of movement
Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies and alignment detection
Endure elements
No need to eat or drink, or breathe
Recover 1hp/level/hour
Favoured enemies: Evil outsider, Undead
Invocations: Baleful Utterance (shatter), See the Unseen (see invisibility + darkvision) - note that 2nd-level warlocks get detect magic at will
Shadow Blade is in there because the power of Shiki's attacks depend entirely on his aim, with his physical strength having no meaning. Vile Martial Strike adds 1 point of vile damage to his attacks with a kukri, to prevent recovery (I can't think of many ways to block regeneration).

Now what about some antimagic glasses? :p

If you played Shiki in a D&D game you would fight as normal, but reducing your opponent's hp would be flavoured as gaining advantage over them, with only the finishing blow actually making contact.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 06, 2011, 10:11:04 AM »
Nrvnqsr Chaos

NE EvolvedLM Tome vampire Afflicted were-murder-of-crowsToM Dreamsight shifter Druid 13
Feats: A Feast Unknown, Ashbound, Extra Spell (forcecage), Initiate of Malar, Practiced Spellcaster (druid), Shifter Instincts, Surrogate SpellcastingSS, Quicken Spell
Equipment: Nature's children, Ring of the beast, Ring of mighty summons

Uses 1st-level Shifter druid RSL (Beast Spirit).

Soil of Genesis: Forcecage
The 999th Beast: Wild shape into a ?

Stay in hybrid form and spam summon nature's ally. You can cast it as a standard action, or Quicken it. Shifting lets you communicate with your summons.

If used as an NPC, were-murder-of-crows has only +3 CR compared to +6 LA, so you can fit in another 3 levels of druid. At this point you might want to drop the Evolved Undead template so he has access to summon nature's ally IX while remaining CR 20.

Offline Shining Phoenix

• In mah base, killin' mah d00dz...
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 06, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
I would just make Shiki a Rogue/Assassin and represent the MEoDP using some method of SA-ing and Death Attack-ing things that would otherwise be immune. He upgrades it by becoming able to "see the lines" of more types of things, which lets him SA and DA them.

His superhuman ability scores come from having wishes used to grant inherent bonuses in his backstory, on top of having naturally high ability scores. His superhuman endurance comes from being higher level than ordinary humans, and his super speed comes from a combination of iterative attacks from high BAB, whatever feats, and maybe a few slotless items that are part of his body 'naturally' from being a Nanaya.

His level is probably in the range of 6-10, but he probably doesn't follow WBL.
The main difference between a laptop and an iPad is the keyboard.

Offline Ryu Hayabusa

• I'm new!
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 23, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
I would just make Shiki a Rogue/Assassin and represent the MEoDP using some method of SA-ing and Death Attack-ing things that would otherwise be immune. He upgrades it by becoming able to "see the lines" of more types of things, which lets him SA and DA them.

That's exactly how I did it. When using his Mystic Eyes, Shiki can sneak attack anything. Undead, constructs, oozes, objects and even chairs. Add in heaps of sneak attack and it worked out pretty well.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 18, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »
Alibi from Exemplars of Evil is a 1st-level swift action Instantaneous spell which lets you plant a false memory in your target's mind of meeting you in the last 24 hours, their own mind filling in the blanks so that everything's consistent. Plus it has only verbal components, making it undetectable with Silent Spell.

Seems nice for Ciel.