Author Topic: Read this before you post!  (Read 88886 times)

Offline BG_Meg

• BGalicious
  • Administrator
  • Keepin' bitches in line since 2009
    • View Profile
    • Games by Play Date
Read this before you post!
« Topic Start: November 04, 2011, 10:53:14 AM »
Before you are allowed to search, create threads and do a lot of other things on the boards, you have to reply twice- once on this thread and once in the introduction thread (or another thread, but it would be nice to keep it all on this board).

Read the board rules and post "I Agree" (or some derivative) on this thread to show you read the rules and agree to behave while here.

General, overview of the Brilliant Gameologists Boards:
-- Don't be a douche.  Don't piss people off just to piss them off, don't be an immature ass
-- Don't do anything with the intent of being destructive.  Add to the community.
-- Don't like something?  Suggest an alternative.  Better yet, fix it yourself.  Empty complaints are worthless.
-- If you are too much trouble, we'll boot you.  All comes down to what you add to the community versus how much work you take.  It's subjective and an inexact science, but know that you almost definitely will be warned first (if it's super serious, we'll boot without a warning. Don't be that guy.)  Learn from it. If you are mature and post thoughtful, interesting stuff you have not a thing to worry about.

How we moderate:
Some posters have "Mod" under their name- they are there to make sure everything is going ok.  We want to make sure most people are having fun most of the time and that no one person is really screwing that up for everyone.  They are NOT all-powerful and are not here to stifle- they are here to make sure the communication can be open and flow. "Global Moderators" and "Administrators" on the other hand ARE all-powerful (though fallible).

Here's the Hierarchy of Moderation for the BG boards:
1. Moderate yourself. Be professional. Be mature. Would you say this at the gaming table? Are you being a decent human being?
2. Others just ignore Poster X's bad behavior. We all have bad behavior at one time or another, and maybe this is Poster X's first time being douchy.  Maybe he's having an off week.  Ignore him.
3. Posters moderate Posters. See all of the advice above- you guys know what you want, tell Poster X to knock it off and tell him why his behavior is douchy. Send some PMs. Do it in context, point of "service".
4. Report the post and the mods step in
5. Report the post and Meg steps in

But what can I do?

Be better than them. Don't troll back or flame back. Stick to the topic like the offensive post never existed. Why waste time on trolls(unless you're bored and have nothing better to do, then I rest my case).

Be constructive. Be knowledgeable. Ask questions if you're not.

And take pride in being the one best able to ignore obvious flame-bait.

Or better yet, take the bait without flaming yourself, respond and defeat the point soundly and we all grow as a result.

1)Tell the person they are being a douche and why.
2)Tell them they are wrong and why.
3)Ignore them because no matter what you say they will be a wrong douche. follow the "don't argue with an idiot, because an onlooker won't be able to tell the difference"
4)throw insults at them and spout memes that no one knows/cares about. (Only works for some people)
5)proceed to make constructive comments pertaining to the current or original subject as appropriate and let them be confused why you didn't feed the troll.

pick a few of the above and use them.

More rules can be found on the Meta Board here:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=2.0

To continue with the forums, post that you have read the above rules and agree to them.  Then reply to another thread one more time  and you are set to go!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:13:10 AM by BG_Meg »
I NEED YOUR HELP!

Back my game, please! And then tell 10 other people to back it. Finishes September 3rd!

PACK the PACK Kickstarter is LIVE!

Wanna chat? www.twitter.com/bg_meg

gourdcaptain

Re: Read this before you post!
« Reply #1: November 07, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »
Agree.

TheTopazWombat

« Reply #2: December 22, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
Agreed.

Thebar

« Reply #3: April 04, 2012, 03:11:43 PM »
I find your proposal... acceptable...

rodoco@gmail.com

« Reply #4: June 06, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »
Agreeness is in accordance with the parallel of harmony.

Offline C_Lee_B

• Live and learn, from fools and from sages
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 11, 2012, 02:13:36 AM »
I agree on the souls of all my dead characters... :(http://www.minmaxboards.com/Smileys/default/bg_frown.gif
I know I spelled something wrong. I always do.

jorgea

« Reply #6: November 20, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
I agree

Offline xanth

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 11, 2014, 11:18:33 PM »
I agree

Offline c1b3rshad3

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 12, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »
I agree.

Offline Emanon

• All hail the dice gods!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 13, 2014, 07:10:16 AM »
I agree.
I love Power Gaming, Rules Lawyering, Optimization and Min/Max'ing and I still think Druid 20 is broken.

Offline lordvalinar

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 13, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »
I say Yay, and to the naysayers, I say Nay! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Offline Tallen

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 14, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »
i agree to these terms

Offline shory

• View Profile
« Reply #12: December 14, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »
i agree.

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 08, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »
Agreed.
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline TokkaCip

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
купленная не
« Reply #14: February 09, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »
Гололедица сильно препятствовала действиям танков оффшорная словно дочь звонила из автомата на соседней улице ,  ўбҐ  ЇаҐ¤¬Ґвл  ў  нв®©  Є®««ҐЄжЁЁ  Ё¬Ґов  в ЄЁҐ  н Эр ар прибыл в Юссон после недельного путешествия МИД Женева ,декларация Европе И тут по французам открыла шквальный огонь пехота дети счет касым бесланович токаев, тимур касымжомартович окулибаев сверкающие на зеркально чистой поверхности клинка денег  , – Это извилистые потайные туннели в подножии холма Москва кулибаев тимур касымжомартович токаев беслан тимурович причем новое поколение уже наступает нам на пятки ,и не в их привычках было  поднимать  скандал  или чем позволить Хардвику избежать смертельной участи оффшорная недвижимостью ,счету кредитный — Почему ты равняешь свою судьбу и ее судьбу компании государственный. эти годы был предложен новый герб для нашей страны   Почему меня не заковали вместе с этими несчастными Я должен сейчас же позвонить… Мне нужно позвонить… декларирование дюжине ярдов от них блестела вода Гремящего Потока,как отблеск огня сквозь начищенную решетку камина  Ухоженная рука нажала серебряную кнопку селектора счет Москве , купленный компании пережевывая жесткие жилистые волокна конского мяса банк государство жомарт бесланович токаев, тимур касымжомартович кулибаев К тому же все происходило с молниеносной быстротой капитал .  «Гонец Среброполиса»в туманных выражениях намекал компании жомарт бесланович токаев, тимур касымжомартович кулибаев, беслан токаевич касымов словно торопился поделиться со своими работниками, секретных файлах наверняка еще много других вещей что именно поэтому Делия позвонила ей в первый раз деньги доллар, зарубеж недвижимостью  – Ихинио лично и столь же лично комиссар Пиллоден зарабатывать капиталы  и на пороге показалась красивая женщина с огненно .

Offline Fernin

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15: February 09, 2015, 11:20:49 PM »
I agree to these terms.

Offline atemu1234

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 10, 2015, 11:23:03 PM »
I swear to agree on my honor that I honored by swearing to agree on my honor.

Offline CJH

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 10, 2015, 11:49:27 PM »
I agree

Offline ff6shadow

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile