Before you are allowed to search, create threads and do a lot of other things on the boards, you have to reply twice
- once on this thread and once in the introduction thread (or another thread, but it would be nice to keep it all on this board).
Read the board rules and post "I Agree"
(or some derivative) on this thread to show you read the rules and agree to behave while here.General, overview of the Brilliant Gameologists Boards:
-- Don't be a douche. Don't piss people off just to piss them off, don't be an immature ass
-- Don't do anything with the intent of being destructive. Add to the community.
-- Don't like something? Suggest an alternative. Better yet, fix it yourself. Empty complaints are worthless.
-- If you are too much trouble, we'll boot you. All comes down to what you add to the community versus how much work you take. It's subjective and an inexact science, but know that you almost definitely will be warned first (if it's super serious, we'll boot without a warning. Don't be that guy.) Learn from it. If you are mature and post thoughtful, interesting stuff you have not a thing to worry about.How we moderate:
Some posters have "Mod" under their name- they are there to make sure everything is going ok. We want to make sure most people are having fun most of the time and that no one person is really screwing that up for everyone. They are NOT all-powerful and are not here to stifle- they are here to make sure the communication can be open and flow. "Global Moderators" and "Administrators" on the other hand ARE all-powerful (though fallible).
Here's the Hierarchy of Moderation for the BG boards:But what can I do?
1. Moderate yourself. Be professional. Be mature. Would you say this at the gaming table? Are you being a decent human being?
2. Others just ignore Poster X's bad behavior. We all have bad behavior at one time or another, and maybe this is Poster X's first time being douchy. Maybe he's having an off week. Ignore him.
3. Posters moderate Posters. See all of the advice above- you guys know what you want, tell Poster X to knock it off and tell him why his behavior is douchy. Send some PMs. Do it in context, point of "service".
4. Report the post and the mods step in
5. Report the post and Meg steps in
Be better than them. Don't troll back or flame back. Stick to the topic like the offensive post never existed. Why waste time on trolls(unless you're bored and have nothing better to do, then I rest my case).
Be constructive. Be knowledgeable. Ask questions if you're not.
And take pride in being the one best able to ignore obvious flame-bait.
Or better yet, take the bait without flaming yourself, respond and defeat the point soundly and we all grow as a result.
1)Tell the person they are being a douche and why.
2)Tell them they are wrong and why.
3)Ignore them because no matter what you say they will be a wrong douche. follow the "don't argue with an idiot, because an onlooker won't be able to tell the difference"
4)throw insults at them and spout memes that no one knows/cares about. (Only works for some people)
5)proceed to make constructive comments pertaining to the current or original subject as appropriate and let them be confused why you didn't feed the troll.
pick a few of the above and use them.
More rules can be found on the Meta Board here:http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=2.0
To continue with the forums, post that you have read the above rules and agree to them. Then reply to another thread one more time and you are set to go!