Author Topic: Dice Masters (now with a sales pitch!)  (Read 446 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Dice Masters (now with a sales pitch!)
« Topic Start: July 24, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
I just discovered this game and it's great. Right now though I'm looking at the cards pretty aimless but I'm slowly getting some ideas for a team. Does anyone else here play this game? ~ Me a week or so ago
So I'm guessing that's a big nope.

Well you should!
(click to show/hide)

Those images are awesome! Tell me all about them!
Imagine Dungeons & Dragons and Magic The Gathering had an illegitimate child and you're over halfway there! You start with eight white dice of NPC/Sidekicks whom like the frigging power rangers can come together and summon mighty superheros and/or D&D heroes & monsters. Like Magic The Gathering you feild creatures and beat the crap out of your opponent's 20 life using "Basic Action Cards" to cast powerful spells like Polymorph or to throw a goddamn car at your opponent's heroes.

It sounds like something I should be playing right now if I knew how!
Here is like 90% of the rules in one easy play mat.
(click to show/hide)
It's that frigging easy!
Your deck is 8 Heroes with 20 matching character dice distributed among them, two basic action cards of your choice, and the forced 8 NPC/Sidekick dice to start the game. Every known multiplayer variant for MtG works with Dice Masters, even that coven thing I posted a few years ago that now has it's own MtG wiki entry known as "Star" by using purchase types. You can even "cube" it by just bringing like twenty cards and shuffling them to build your teams. It's great!

But MtG & D&D cost a fortune and I'm already down to eating ketchup packets for dinner after my last card purchase!
First of all BBQ is better than ketchup. Secondly it's cheaper than magic! Seriously, 90% of the cards are under a buck. Hell, the cards are 1/4 the price too when you think about it.
In magic if you want to run four copies you need to buy the same expensive card four times, in Dice Masters you only need one card and any four matching dice. So can simply buy the significantly cheaper common version of the character just to pick up the extra matching dice. For example x4 Jace @75.00 per costs $300, x1 Black Widow "Tarsina" @65.99 & x3 Black Widow "Natural" @1.49 costs 70 bucks. For less than the price of one Jace you can run four game breaking Black Widows and alienate your friends!
And as an added bonus Hastings went Bankrupt, right now all their Dicemaster merchandise is 20% off. You can grab a starter kit for like twelve bucks!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:03:35 PM by SorO_Lost »
What would happen if you were to climb to what you think my ego is and jump to what your post says your IQ is?
Neutrality is harder than you think.

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: Dice Masters (Alfred is awesome!)
« Reply #1: August 22, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »
My first none "Timmy" deck, ie it actually has a theme and combos rather than just piling w/e ever came together in the starter sets.
(click to show/hide)
Basically pick up Alfred on the first two rounds then try to buy Mr Sinister asap. Once fielded by KO'ing a Sidekick and/or Alfred (who counts as a Sidekick while feilded) followed by Mr Sinister will allow you to buy a Golem die, then Mr Sinister auto-regenerates and in the case of Alfred he has a 50% chance of coming back as well which can allow you to rapidly buy several Golem dice by the time you reload your bag again. They serve as your main army and make nice blockers with damage redirection plus you can use Mr Sinister's global to try and keep your opponent's field clear. The final part is by using Polymorph's global to level Iron Man up you can use Magic Missile's global to gain +2hp per lightning energy spent. Superwomen mostly just hangs around as a way to convert energy over when needed.

It's a very defensive base with at least one (or more if you replace a golem or two) open card slots I'm currently using with some faster beat sticks (swarm!). It's a nice change of pace from just picking mix & matching two card powerful options like AvX's Professor & Storm control combo too. :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:52:10 PM by SorO_Lost »
What would happen if you were to climb to what you think my ego is and jump to what your post says your IQ is?
Neutrality is harder than you think.