CHOZO WARRIORMAKING A CHOZO WARRIOR Abilities
: Constitution is important for a Chozo Warrior, as it sets the DCs for attacks. Dexterity is very useful, for both increasing the accuracy of ranged attacks and the Chozo Warrior's armour class. Races
: While, naturally, the Chozo are likely to take up this class, they are few in number, and the secrets of this class are often shared with the common races, particularly humans, elves and half-elves. Halflings are also common, but members of the other races are comparatively rare. Alignment
: Chozo Warriors can be of any alignment, but most Chozo are good, and hence most creatures which can take up the class are likewise good-aligned. Starting Gold
: 4d4 x 10gp Starting Age
: As ranger.Hit Dice:
The chozo warrior’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str) and Tumble (Dex)Skill Points at 1st Level:
(4 + Int modifier) ×4.Skill Points at Each Additional Level:
4 + Int modifier.
Weapon and Armour Proficiencies
|Lv. ||BAB ||Fort ||Ref ||Will ||Special ||Beam damage |
|1||+1||+2||+2||+0||Form Suit, Power Beam||1d6|
|4||+4||+4||+4||+1||Bonus feat, Visor I||2d6|
|7||+7/+2||+5||+5||+2||Bonus feat, Charge Beam||4d6|
|8||+8/+3||+6||+6||+2||Suit Defences I, Visor II||4d6|
|10||+10/+5||+7||+7||+3||Armour +4, Bonus feat, Missile 3/encounter||5d6|
|11||+11/+6/+1||+7||+7||+3||Suit Defences II||6d6|
|14||+14/+9/+4||+9||+9||+4||Suit Defences III, Missile 4/encounter||7d6|
|16||+16/+11/+6/+1||+10||+10||+5||Bonus feat, Visor IV||8d6|
|17||+17/+12/+7/+2||+10||+10||+5||Suit Defences IV||9d6|
|20||+20/+15/+10/+5||+12||+12||+6||Armour +8, Suit Defences V, Visor V||10d6|
: Chozo Warriors are proficient with simple weapons and light armour. They are also proficient with all weapons and armour granted by their class features.Form Suit (Su):
A chozo warrior may form or unform their Power Suit as a standard action. All chozo warrior class features function only while the suit is worn, but it inflicts a -4 circumstance penalty on all Charisma-based skills. Apart from appearance, the suit is treated as masterwork leather, scale or banded armour (chozen at 1st level). While the suit is worn, it is effectively part of the chozo warrior’s body and cannot be removed. However, one of the chozo warrior's arms is encased by a large cannon, preventing the character from using that arm. The benefits of the chozo warrior’s suit cannot be negated or dispelled, though an antimagic field
prevents it from forming. A Power Suit may be enchanted, but the chozo warrior must be present to do so. If the suit is dismissed for some reason during the enchantment process, the caster must start from the beginning.Power Beam (Su):
A chozo warrior’s most basic attack, a Power Beam is a ranged attack that deals force damage as shown above (range increment 50ft). They are automatically proficient with the Power Beam, which counts as a masterwork weapon and can be enchanted. Feats such as Weapon Focus which apply to the Power Beam also apply to any other beam weapons the chozo warrior may have, as do enchantments.Missile (Su):
At 2nd level, once per encounter as a standard action, a chozo warrior may convert energy into an explosive missile and fire it from their arm cannon. This deals damage as a Power Beam. In addition, on impact it creates a 5-foot burst of energy which deals Power Beam damage to all creatures in its radius (including the original target, who takes damage twice). Creatures within the radius must make Fortitude saves or be knocked to the nearest edge of the area and fall prone (the primary target receives no save, and is knocked directly away from the chozo warrior). At 6th level and every four levels thereafter, a chozo warrior may use one additional missile per encounter.Altform (Su):
As a move action, a 3rd level chozo warrior can take on an a specific alternate form. Except as noted below, this functions as the change shape ability.
An altform does not have functional hands or other manipulators. Any gear worn or carried by the character (including his Arm Cannon, but not his Power Suit) melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional (though effects which allow characters to use items while wildshaped also allow their use in altform). When the character reverts to his true form, any objects previously melded into the new form reappear in the same location on his body that they previously occupied and are once again functional. Any new items worn by the altform fall off and land at the character's feet.
|3||2 Special abilities|
|4||Fast movement +5ft|
|7||Fast movement +10ft|
|10||Fast movement +15ft|
|13||Fast movement +20ft|
|16||Fast movement +25ft|
|19||Fast movement +30ft|
Special abilities: (Indented abilities have an above ability as a prerequisite)
- Bombs: As a standard action, you may lay a bomb in your square. In the next round, it explodes, dealing maximised beam damage to everything in the square. This damage is doubled against objects, crystalline creatures and creatures grappling the Chozo Warrior, and ignores up to 8 points of hardness. You may not have more than one bomb in existence at a time, +1 per 5 character levels. You are immune to the effects of your own bombs, and your bombs cannot affect each other. Bombs can be sundered, in which case they detonate immediately - a bomb is a Tiny object with hardness 1 and hit points equal to your Chozo Warrior level.
- Cloak Bombs: When you create a bomb, you may choose for it to be affected by an invisibility effect.
- Delay Bombs: You may delay the detonation of your bombs by 1 additional round per 5 character levels. The duration is chosen when each bomb is created and cannot be changed. For every round the bomb goes without detonating, its damage is increased by +4d6. If a bomb is destroyed prematurely, it detonates, retaining the benefit of whatever charge it had accumulated up to that point.
- Trip Bombs: You may create special bombs that do not detonate immediately. If, after 1 round, a creature other than the Chozo Warrior comes within 5 feet of the bomb, the bomb immediately moves to their space and detonates. A Chozo Warrior may also detonate a trip bomb as a purely mental standard action. If combined with the Delay Bombs ability, the bombs begin charging for the specified number of rounds when a creature approaches. If there is no creature within 5ft when the bombs are fully charged, they detonate in their own space.
- Quick Bomb: When you lay a bomb you may choose for it to detonate immediately, rather than after 1 round.
- Rapid Lay: You may lay a bomb as an attack in a full attack. This does not allow you to have more bombs in existence at a time than normal.
- Power Bomb: You may create a bomb which detonates as a circle of death instead of its normal effect (caster level equals your class level) once per minute. All objects within range of this bomb take damage equal to their hardness. If combined with the Delay Bombs ability, a Power Bomb deals no extra damage, but its DC is increased by 2 for each round charged. A chozo warrior must be at least 15th level to select this ability.
- Camouflage: You can take a full-round action to become invisible for 1 round.
- Improved Camouflage: You can take a move action to become invisible for 1 round.
- Greater Camouflage: You can take a swift action to become invisible for 1 round.
- Construct body: Your type changes to construct.
- Beam: You retain your Power Beam in altform.
- Improved Beam: You retain all of your beam weapons in altform.
- Boost: When charging, you gain +5ft to your speed and can make a slam attack that deals double beam damage. You cannot make any other attacks in conjunction with this slam attack, even if you could normally make multiple attacks as part of a charge.
- Feather fall: You can generate a feather fall effect (self only) at will.
- Flight: You can fly at your land speed with good manoueverability. A chozo warrior must be at least 9th level to select this ability.
- Natural weapon: You gain a bite, slam, pair of slams, pair of claws, or some other natural weapon. Singular weapons deal damage equal to your beam damage, while paired weapons have their damage reduced by one die size. You may gain this ability multiple times, selecting a different weapon each time.
- Energy Strike: When you strike a target with one of your altform's natural weapons, they are affected as if struck by one of your beam weapons rather than just dealing damage equal to your beam damage (eg. a plasma beam can set them on fire). In addition, the DC of your beams' effects is increased by 2 when channeled in this way.
- Pounce: When you charge, you can make a full attack with your natural weapons.
- Size decrease: Reduce size by one category, as the compression power. Can be taken multiple times - the effects stack.
- Size increase: Increase size by one category, as the expansion power. Can be taken multiple times - the effects stack.
- Sneak attack: You gain +1d6 sneak attack. You may select this ability up to one time per two class levels - the effects stack.
- Spider climb: You gain a continuous spider climb effect. A chozo warrior must be at least 6th level to select this ability.
At 4th level and every third level thereafter, a Chozo Warrior gains a bonus feat from the list below.Visor (Su):
At every fourth level, a chozo warrior receives one of the following abilities. He may use only one of these abilities at a time and may switch between them as a swift action. Indented abilities have an above ability as a prerequisite. Unless noted otherwise, these abilities have the range of a 120ft sphere centred on you.
- See in darkness (including magical darkness) and gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sight-based attacks (such as gaze attacks, blindness, etc.)
- See invisibility
- Detect undead and see into the Ethereal Plane
- Detect secret doors and see into the Plane of Shadow
- Add your class level as bonus on Knowledge checks. You may make Knowledge checks untrained.
- Gain Knowledge Devotion as a bonus feat.
- Arcane sight
- Detect opposing alignments (eg. a LG character could use Detect evil and Detect chaos)
The chozo warrior’s suit grants an additional +2 armour bonus to AC per 5 levels.Charge Beam:
As a move action (or as a free action combined with a regular move), a chozo warrior of 7th level or higher may charge their arm cannon with energy, increasing the power of their next shot. For every attack they could normally make as part of a full attack, their next beam attack deals +2d6 damage. If the beam has an additional effect that allows a save, increase the DC by 1 for each attack. (eg. a 20th-level Chozo Warrior, with +20 BAB, would deal 18d6 damage and gain a +4 bonus to his beam's DC) Your arm cannon can hold a charge for 1 minute, and cannot be used for any other purpose until the charged attack is made. If some effect would increase the number of attacks you can normally make as part of a full attack, the power of your charge beam is also increased.Acrobatics (Ex):
At 8th level, a chozo warrior adds their class level as a bonus on Jump and Tumble checks.Suit Defences (Ex):
At 8th level, a chozo warrior receives DR 1/- and energy resistance 1, +1 for every three levels thereafter.