Inspired by Naruto. Well, some of the characters in Naruto. Not the annoying ones.
Juuken AdeptHit Die:
The Juuken adept's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).Skill Points per Level:
4 + Int modifierBAB:
AC Bonus (Ex):
|1||AC bonus, Byakugan (Skill focus), Gentle Fist, Improved Unarmed Strike, Wild Talent||1d6|
|2||Byakugan (Uncanny dodge)||1d6|
|3||Advanced Gentle Fist||1d6|
|5||Byakugan (improved uncanny dodge)||2d6|
|6||Advanced Gentle Fist||2d6|
|9||Advanced Gentle Fist||3d6|
|12||Advanced Gentle Fist||4d6|
|15||Advanced Gentle Fist||5d6|
|18||Advanced Gentle Fist||6d6|
When unarmored and unencumbered, a Juuken adept adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to AC. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when the adept is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.Improved Unarmed Strike:
A Juuken adept receives Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.Wild Talent:
A Juuken adept receives Wild Talent as a bonus feat.Byakugan (Su):
The irises of a Juuken adept's eyes turn pale lavender, almost white, and he lacks discernible pupils. He gains certain benefits as long as he remains psionically focused.Level 1:
Gain Skill Focus (Spot) as a bonus feat.Level 2:
Gain uncanny dodge.Level 5:
Gain improved uncanny dodgeGentle Fist (Ex):
While psionically focused, a Juuken adept deals additional damage with his unarmed attacks as shown on the table above. This damage is considered precision damage. If the adept expends his psionic focus to modify an unarmed attack, he still applies the benefits of Gentle Fist. A Juuken adept cannot use Gentle Fist while wearing armour. This is treated as sneak attack damage for the purposes of qualifying for and using ambush feats. An adept treats his class levels as monk levels for the purposes of the Stunning Fist feat.Advanced Gentle Fist:
At every third level, a Juuken adept gains one ability from the following list, which can only be used while not wearing armour:
Advanced Byakugan (Su):
- Mountain Strike: You gain Psionic Fist as a bonus feat, or a feat which has Psionic Fist as a prerequisite.
- Pressure Point: You gain a bonus ambush feat.
- Empty Palm (Su): You may use your unarmed strike to make a ranged attack. These attacks have a range increment of 10ft.
- Heavenly Palm Rotation (Su): By expending your psionic focus as an immediate action, you gain a shield bonus to AC and saving throws equal to one-third your class level until the start of your next turn. During this time, any creature who comes within 10 feet (or is within 10ft when the ability is used) must make a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + half your class level + your Wis modifier) or be knocked back 10 feet. You cannot use this ability during your own turn or while you are holding an item.
- Chakra Surge (Su): You may expend your psionic focus as a standard action to create an Iron Heart Surge effect.
- Disrupt Magic (Su): You may expend your psionic focus as a standard action to create a dispel magic effect. Treat your class level as your caster level, with no upper limit.
- Slow Fall (Su): You can create a self-only feather fall effect as a free action at will.
- Eight Trigrams 32 Palms (Ex): You can make one additional attack as part of a full attack at your highest attack bonus. If you hit the same foe with at least two of these attacks, your foe must move back 5 feet, and you may move 5 feet forward if you wish. This movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity for either character. In order to use this ability, all of the attacks you make in your full attack must be unarmed strikes.
- Eight Trigrams 64 Palms (Ex): As 32 palms, but you make two extra attacks instead of one, and may push an opponent back a second time if you hit at least four times. You must possess 32 Palms to select this ability. This ability cannot be combined with 32 palms.
- Eight Trigrams 128 Palms (Ex): As 64 palms, but you make three extra attacks instead of two, and may push an opponent back a third time if you hit at least six times. You must possess 64 Palms to select this ability. This ability cannot be combined with 32 palms or 64 palms.
- Protection of the Eight Trigrams 64 Palms (Ex): When you use Heavenly Palm Rotation, you can additionally make one free unarmed strike against every opponent knocked back. You must possess Heavenly Palm Rotation and 32 Palms to select this ability.
At 8th level and every third level thereafter, the adept's Byakugan further improves. While psionically focused he gains one ability from the following list:
New FeatsEight Trigrams 361 PalmsPrerequisites:
- Spellsight (Su): You gain a continuous arcane sight effect.
- Perfect Vision (Su): You gain 30ft. Blindsight. You may select this ability multiple times, each time increasing the radius of your blindsight by 30ft. Since an adept's blindsight is based in his eyes, he is still subject to gaze attacks, and loses access to blindsight if he is blinded.
- Distant Sight (Sp): You may use arcane eye as a spell-like ability at will. You may select this ability multiple times, each time doubling the movement speed of the eye. If you cease concentrating on the eye, the effect ends immediately.
- Lifesense (Su): You gain a continuous deathwatch effect against every creature you can see.
- Weak point (Ex): The base critical threat range of your unarmed strikes becomes 18-20. Your unarmed strikes deal full damage to objects.
Character level 12th, Eight Trigrams 128 PalmsBenefit:
If you expend your psionic focus when making a full attack consisting solely of unarmed strikes, you may make two attacks at a -2 penalty in place of each of your normal attacks (eg. +15/+10/+5 becomes +13/+13/+8/+8/+3/+3). A creature struck by all of these attacks must make a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + half your class level + your Wis modifier) or die instantly. You take damage equal to your Gentle Fist bonus damage.New Magic ItemsInk of Mindsealing
This ink can be used to mark a psionic character's forehead in a ritual which lasts 10 minutes. The mark thereafter becomes permanent - it may only be removed with a break enchantment
, limited wish
, or wish
The crafter of this item is considered "attuned" to the ink - he may attune additional characters via a ritual which lasts 1 minute, but only if such characters have the ability to cast spells or use spell-like abilities.
A character attuned to the ink may use detect psionics
as a supernatural ability on the marked one as a free action. As a swift action, he may cause the marked character to lose their psionic focus. As a standard action, he may cause them to become nauseated by pain for 1 round and take 1d3 points of damage to each of their mental ability scores. No save is allowed for these effects.
When a character marked by this ink dies, their brain is instantly destroyed, preventing any form of resurrection which requires a complete body. This occurs even if the character is killed by having their brain removed (denying some creatures a source of power). This burns up the magic of the ink - if the character is somehow restored to life he is free from its effects.
Moderate divination and necromancy; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item; mark of justice, rary's telepathic bond, status
; Price 3,400gp