Author Topic: Reserve Feat support  (Read 1471 times)

Online Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
Reserve Feat support
« Topic Start: February 23, 2012, 05:09:46 PM »
Some random feats that came to mind.

Enhanced Reserve [General]
Prerequisite: Any Reserve feat.
Benefit: Choose one Reserve feat you possess. The numeric effects of that feat are doubled (i.e. it deals twice as much damage, lasts twice as long, etc.). This does not affect the caster level bonus granted by that feat.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times, choosing a different Reserve feat each time.

Quicken Reserve [General]
Prerequisite: Any Reserve feat.
Benefit: Choose one Reserve feat you possess. The action required to use that feat is reduced by one step on the following progression: full-round action -> standard action -> swift action -> immediate action. You may not further quicken a reserve feat which requires an immediate action.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times, choosing a different Reserve feat each time.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:43:34 AM by Prime32 »

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
Re: Reserve Feat support
« Reply #1: February 23, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »
Given the amount of resources you have to sink into these, they're certainly not overpowered.

If you take Fiery Burst, you spend three feats (the reserve feat and these two) to deal Xd6 x2, where X is the spell level reserved as a swift action. I'd say it's fine. If you have the feats to burn, it could make being a blaster a bit more attractive due to action economy alone. You wouldn't even have to be a focus blaster. You could be a Conjurer or Transmuter, and just keep one spell slot reserved for blasting to get your free swift action blasts.

Do you mind if I use these in my project?
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 23, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »
That's three feats for 18d6 damage as a swift action?  At will?  Seems about right.  I'm kinda worried about stepping on the Warlock's toes, but I really don't see a problem with these as they are (Warlock can do more with them).
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Online Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 24, 2012, 05:12:49 AM »
Do you mind if I use these in my project?
Go ahead.