a lot to a certain TV show.
I tried to give soulborn their own niche with some unique abilities. Channel Incarnum was liberated
from the azurin cleric RSLs where it wasn't seeing much use.
Fort good, Ref poor, Will goodClass Skills (2+Int):
Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (the planes), Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Swim
Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
|1||Meldshaping, Channel Incarnum, Reshape Soulmelds (full-round)||1||3||0||0|
|2||Incarnum defense, Smite opposition 1/day||1||4||0||0|
|4||Chakra binds (crown)||2||5||1||1|
|5||Reshape Soulmelds (standard)||2||5||1||1|
|6||Incarnum crystallisation, Smite opposition 2/day||2||6||2||1|
|8||Chakra binds (feet, hands)||3||7||3||2|
|9||Favoured receptacle (1)||3||7||3||2|
|10||Reshape Soulmelds (move), Smite opposition 3/day||4||8||4||2|
|12||Chakra binds (arms, brow, shoulders)||4||9||6||3|
|13||Favoured receptacle (2)||5||9||6||3|
|14||Share incarnum defense, Smite opposition 4/day||5||10||7||3|
|15||Bonus feat, Reshape Soulmelds (swift)||5||10||7||3|
|16||Chakra binds (throat, waist)||6||11||8||4|
|17||Favoured receptacle (3)||6||11||9||4|
|18||Smite opposition 5/day, Timeless body||6||12||10||4|
|20||Chakra binds (heart), Reshape Soulmelds (immediate)||7||13||11||5|
Soulborn are proficient with all simple and martial weapon, with light, medium and heavy armor, and with shields (except tower shields).Meldshaping:
A soulborn has the ability to shape soulmelds, with a meldshaper level equal to his class level.Soulmelds known:
Unlike other meldshaping classes, a soulborn does not have access to all soulmelds on his list. Instead he has knowledge of 3 soulmelds from any list which he can shape, +1 per two class levels. This does not affect his meldshaping abilities from other classes.Channel Incarnum (Su):
Once per round as a free action, a soulborn can grant himself bonus essentia equal to his Charisma modifier or one-half his soulborn level, whichever is lower (minimum 1), for 1 round. A soulborn can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. This ability may be used in place of Turn/Rebuke Undead to qualify for any [Divine] feat, and the soulborn may expend uses of this ability in place of turning uses (though doing so requires a standard action rather than a free action unless stated otherwise).
If the soulborn already has the ability to turn or rebuke undead, he does not gain a pool of daily uses of this ability. Instead he gains Extra Turning as a bonus feat and may create a Channel Incarnum effect by expending one of his turning attempts.Reshape Soulmelds:
As a full-round action, a soulborn may unshape any number of his soulmelds and reshape an equal amount. As part of this action he may bind soulmelds to chakras and reallocate essentia between receptacles (even those which could normally be modified only once every 24 hours, like incarnum feats). As he gains class levels he may do this in a shorter period of time - a standard action at 5th level, a move action at 10th level, a swift action at 15th level and an immediate action at 20th level. This ability does not affect soulmelds from other classes.Incarnum Defense (Su):
At 2nd level you gain a special ability based on your alignment. You may select any of the below abilities as long as your alignment is within one step of the given alignment. You may change the ability whenever you gain a character level or your alignment shifts such that your choice becomes invalid. At 14th level you can share this benefit with allies within 30ft.
Smite Opposition (Su):
- Lawful Good: You gain immunity to fear.
- Chaotic Good: You gain immunity to paralysis.
- Lawful Evil: You gain immunity to fatigue. If you would ever become exhausted you become fatigued instead.
- Chaotic Evil: You gain immunity to any penalty, damage or drain to your Strength or Charisma scores.
Starting at 2nd level, you may attempt to smite a foe with a melee attack. You add your Charisma bonus (if positive) to the attack roll and deal 1 extra point of damage per class level. These bonuses apply only against creatures whose alignment opposes at least one aspect of yours (eg. a lawful good soulborn could smite foes who are chaotic and/or evil). The soulborn may use this ability 1/day at 2nd level, and one additional time per day for every four levels thereafter.Bonus feat:
At 3rd level and every 4th level thereafter, the soulborn gains a bonus [Fighter], [Divine] or [Incarnum] feat.Incarnum Crystallisation:
At 6th level a soulborn can summon constructs of incarnum. He gains one of the following class features, which he may use as part of the action required for Reshape Soulmelds:
- Azure Armour: You summon a special incarnate armor which does not count against your normal allocation of soulmelds. This armor may take the form of any type of armor with which you are proficient, and receives +1 equivalent enchantments per two meldshaper levels (eg. an 8th-level soulborn could call a +1 ghost touch breastplate). You may change the armor's enchantments and form whenever you gain a character level. This soulmeld can be invested with essentia and/or bound to chakras as normal.
- Azure Blade: You summon a special incarnate weapon which does not count against your normal allocation of soulmelds. This weapon may take the form of any melee or ranged weapon with which you are proficient, and receives +1 equivalent enchantments per two meldshaper levels (eg. an 8th-level soulborn could call a +1 keen flaming burst longsword). You may change the weapon's enchantments and form whenever you gain a character level. This soulmeld can be invested with essentia and/or bound to chakras as normal.
- Azure Mount: You can summon a special mount as a paladin of your class level. In addition, your mount can be invested with essentia and/or bound to chakras as if it were a soulspark familiar that does not count against your normal allocation of soulmelds. It gains these additional benefits only while within the range at which a soulspark familiar could exist (10ft).
At 9th level and every 4th level thereafter, a soulborn selects one receptacle for incarnum, such as a soulmeld or feat. He may treat that receptacle as if it had 1 additional point of essentia invested and its essentia capacity were 1 point higher. He may not select the same receptacle multiple times.Timeless Body (Ex):
Upon attaining 18th level, a soulborn no longer takes penalties to his ability scores for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any such penalties that he has already taken, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the soulborn still dies of old age when his time is up. New FeatsChakra Flexibility [Incarnum]Prerequisites:
Ability to bind soulmelds to a chakraBenefit:
Select one chakra to which you can bind soulmelds. You can bind soulmelds from any source to that chakra, and gain a minor bonus as with the appropriate Open Chakra feat. You may even select restricted chakras like the Totem chakra, but do not gain an additional bonus in this case.Normal:
You can only bind soulmelds to a chakra if they are provided by the same class which grants you that ability.Morphing Blade [Incarnum]Prerequisites:
Incarnum Crystallisation (Azure Armor or Azure Blade)Benefit:
You may change the form of your Azure Armor or Azure Blade whenever it is summoned. You may not change its enchantments in this manner. (i.e. if you could call a +1 longsword of speed, you can call any +1 speed weapon instead)Alternate Class FeatureVariable CrystallisationReplaces:
Favoured Receptacle at 9th, 13th or 17th level.Benefit:
You may select one additional option for Incarnum Crystallisation. You may only have one version of the ability in existence at a time. If you select the same option twice you gain a second form for that ability (eg. you could choose between summoning a +1 flaming longsword and a +1 corrosive longbow, or between a warhorse mount and a shark). You may select this ACF multiple times.