Favoured ClassesShifter Alchemist:
Whenever you ingest a mutagen or cognatogen, your increased ability score increases by an additional +1/5.Warforged Alchemist:
Add +1/2 to bomb damage.Mad Bomber (Archetype)
Some alchemists love the smell of blackpowder in the morning...
A mad bomber has the following class features.Endless Bombs (Su):
At 2nd level a mad bomber may create and throw bombs without subtracting from his daily supply, as long as he does not use Bomb discoveries to modify their effects. At 10th level this applies to all bombs, even if discoveries are applied. This ability replaces poison use and poison immunity.Energy Resistance (Ex):
At 2nd level, a mad bomber gains resistance 1 to all energy types (fire/cold/acid/electricity/sonic). This increases by 1 at every 3rd level thereafter (5th, 8th, etc.). This ability replaces poison resistance.Bonus Feats:
At 3rd level and 18th level a mad bomber gains a bonus feat from the following list: Ability Focus (bomb)
, Charging Hurler
, Close-Quarters Thrower (bomb)
, Extra Bombs
, Extra Discovery
(bomb discoveries only), Implant Bomb
, Improvised Weapon Mastery
, Ricochet Splash Weapon
, Splash Weapon Mastery
, Weapon Focus (bomb)
. You must meet the prerequisites for this feat as normal. At the DM's option this list may be expanded to other feats which benefit bombs. This ability replaces swift alchemy and instant alchemy.Potent Bombs (Su):
At 6th level a mad bomber's bombs deal +1 damage per die, and gain a critical threat range of 20/x2. Non-damaging bombs instead gain a +1 bonus to caster level and save DC. This ability replaces swift poisoning.Grand Discovery (Su):
At 20th level, the mad bomber learns how to apply two Bomb discoveries to a bomb at once - secondary effects stack, and if this would give it multiple damage types then it is considered to be either whenever that would be more convenient (eg. a bomb which deals fire/force damage could strike an incorporeal troll and overcome its regeneration, and a fire/cold bomb would deal +50% damage to a creature with the Fire and Cold subtypes by affecting its vulnerabilites but not its immunities). In addition, when the mad bomber is slain he explodes, dealing triple his bomb damage in a 50ft burst. He may apply Bomb discoveries to this explosion if he wishes. This replaces the mad bomber's ability to choose a Grand Discovery.Discoveries:
The following discoveries complement the mad bomber archetype: acid bomb, blinding bomb, concussive bomb, confusion bomb, delayed bomb, dispelling bomb, explosive bomb, fast bombs, force bomb, frost bomb, inferno bomb, madness bomb, poison bomb, plague bomb, precise bombs, shock bomb, smoke bomb, sticky bomb, stink bomb, strafe bomb, sunlight bomb, tanglefoot bombNew FeatsTrap Bomb [General]Prerequisites:
Bomb, Ranger TrapBenefit:
As a full-round action, you may combine an alchemist bomb with a ranger trap. Any creature struck by the bomb is treated as if they had triggered the trap; if the attack misses then the trap is wasted. The trap bomb must be readied and thrown within 1 round or it explodes centered on you. This counts as a use of both a bomb and a trap, and adding the trap to the bomb is treated as adding the effects of a discovery that modifies bombs (meaning that under normal circumstances you cannot also add a discovery to this bomb).
Variant Master Chymists(Work in progress)
Not all Master Chymists
result from experimentation with mutagens. Just as many come about from use of cognatogensUM
, resulting in a more intellectual alter-ego.Advanced Cognatogen (Su):
A master chymist with a cognatogenic form chooses from the following abilities in place of Advanced Mutagens.
- Clever (Ex): In her cognatogenic form, the master chymist's quick mind gives her an alchemical bonus on Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma checks and skill checks. The bonus is equal to half the master chymist's class level.
- Disguise (Ex): As the Advanced Mutagen.
- Dual Mind (Ex): As the Advanced Mutagen.
- Evasion (Ex): As the Advanced Mutagen.
- Extended Cognatogen (Ex): As the Extended Mutagen Advanced Mutagen.
- Grand Cognatogen (Ex): This mutagen is identical to the alchemist discovery of the same name and counts as that discovery for the purpose of qualifying for other discoveries or advanced mutagens. The character must have an effective alchemist level (alchemist level plus master chymist levels) of at least 16 and must have the greater cognatogen discovery or class feature to select this ability.
- Greater Cognatogen (Ex): This mutagen is identical to the alchemist discovery of the same name and counts as that discovery for the purpose of qualifying for other discoveries or advanced mutagens. The character must have an effective alchemist level (alchemist level plus master chymist levels) of at least 12 and must have the cognatogen discovery or class feature to select this ability.
- Reduction Cognatogen (Su): When the chymist assumes her cognatogenic form, she shrinks one size category, as if under the effects of a reduce person spell. The character must have an effective alchemist level (alchemist level plus chymist level) of at least 16 and must know the reduce person, ?, or polymorph extract to select this ability.
- Night Vision (Ex): As the Advanced Mutagen.
- Restoring Change (Ex): As the Advanced Mutagen.