Author Topic: Legendary characters (house rules built from what we have)  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
Progression

All characters receive the benefits of Vow of Poverty, using their BAB in place of their character level. The bonus feats need not be exalted feats. Temporary increases to BAB (such as divine power) do not change your benefits.

All characters gain a bloodline as a PF sorcerer (including wildblooded versions). The bloodline's class skill is a class skill for all classes. Rather than adding the bloodline spells to your spells known, you can use each as an SLA 3/day as long as your character level is at least double the spell level (CL = character level, DC = 10 + 1/2 character level + Cha modifier, you must still pay expensive material components as normal). You may expend uses of higher-level SLAs to power lower-level ones. In addition you gain one cantrip/orison from any list as an SLA at will.

All characters gain a 3.5e epic destiny, from levels 11-20 rather than 21-30.

Crafting

Each type of magic item has an associated skill. Craft [alchemy] does not require spellcasting ability to be taken.
  • Armor (Craft Magic Arms and Armor): Craft [armorsmithing]
  • Weapons (Craft Magic Arms and Armor): Craft [weaponsmithing]
  • Potions (Brew Potion): Craft [alchemy]
  • Rings (Forge Ring): Craft [jewellery]
  • Rods (Craft Rod): Craft [wand]
  • Scrolls (Scribe Scroll): Profession [scribe]
  • Staves (Craft Staff): Craft [wand]
  • Wands (Craft Wand): Craft [wand]
  • Wondrous Item (Craft Wondrous Item): Profession [tailor]
Use your ranks in that skill in place of your caster level for crafting items of that type. When you have ranks in that skill equal to an itemcrafting feat's minimum caster level -3, you gain the associated feat as a bonus feat (eg. you would gain Forge Ring as a bonus feat after 15 ranks of Craft [jewellery]).

You may attempt to emulate knowledge of a wizard/sorcerer/cleric/druid spell as part of your crafting, using a Knowledge (arcana, nature or religion) check depending on its source. The DC for this check is 25 + the spell's caster level. You may emulate other requirements with a Use Magic Device check.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:17:42 PM by Prime32 »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
First I must ask you, what's exactly the objective of this? It's basically a massive power up to everybody, with full Bab classes geting a little better, and altough the Divine Power clause is nice, full Bab caster prcs are still out there (Abjurant Champion being the big culprit here). I really don't see the purpose of just handing out power ups to everybody almost equally. The party gets stronger, the DM just starts throwing higher level ecounters, and it's as if you had skipped some levels.

If what you want is extra character versatility, why don't just use gestalt with caster/noncaster?

Weren't those in a wotc online article that got erased?

Rather than adding the bloodline spells to your spells known, you can use each as an SLA 1/day as long as your character level is double the spell level.
With what DC and CL?

Also I must point out plenty of the PF bloodlines grant spells that aren't really meant to be used as SLAs that ignore exp and material components, like Wish and Gate.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:06:27 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
First I must ask you, what's exactly the objective of this? It's basically a massive power up to everybody, with full Bab classes geting a little better, and altough the Divine Power clause is nice, full Bab caster prcs are still out there (Abjurant Champion being the big culprit here). I really don't see the purpose of just handing out power ups to everybody almost equally.

Why don't just use gestalt with caster/noncaster?
I was going to include something on casters. I'll come back to it.

Weren't those in a wotc online article that got erased?
Someone saved them. There's a link to them somewhere on the boards.

Rather than adding the bloodline spells to your spells known, you can use each as an SLA 1/day as long as your character level is double the spell level.
With what DC and CL?

Also I must point out plenty of the PF bloodlines grant spells that aren't really meant to be used as SLAs that ignore exp and material components, like Wish and Gate.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:33:43 PM by Prime32 »

Online veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Chaos Dice
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
This I think, probably is aimed at a lighter implementation of higher magic than properly gestalting in casting. A couple of SLAs are somewhat easier to manage than a full casting array after all.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline ImperatorK

• Legendary Member
  • Sedimentary, my dear Trixie.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
    • Kristof Imperator YouTube Channel
What's the LA for this template?
Magic is for weaklings.

Alucard: "*snif snif* Huh? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy in here. Oh, if it isn't the Catholic Church. And what's this? No little Timmy glued to your crotch. Progress!"
My YT channel - LoL gameplay