Author Topic: [3.5] New feat: Enchant Broom  (Read 600 times)

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Head Moderator
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
[3.5] New feat: Enchant Broom
« Topic Start: November 05, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
Random idea I had for a feat.

Enchant Broom [General]
Prerequisites: Caster level 6th, Ride 1 rank
Benefit: In a ritual lasting 1 hour, you may enchant a broom with the power of flight. This broom must have been in your possession for 24 hours beforehand. You may only have one such broom enchanted at a time, but the broom's powers fade if it is separated from you for more than 24 hours. The broom can serve as a mount for you (and only you), flying as if a permanent overland flight spell were cast on it; the broom's speed increases by +5ft for every 2 caster levels above 6th. This "mount" is considered trained for war, but if you are knocked unconscious while riding you automatically fall and the overland flight effect ends.
Special: You may choose to enchant a broom sturdy enough to function as a quarterstaff, in which case it is treated as a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction (and can be enchanted as a magic weapon as normal). However, it cannot be wielded as a weapon while ridden.
Special: You may treat this feat as Craft Wondrous Item for the purposes of meeting prerequisites.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5] New feat: Enchant Broom
« Reply #1: April 21, 2013, 04:57:21 AM »
I just found this again.

This is pretty darn rad. I kinda want to make a set of stereotypical witch feats stemming off of this...

Or maybe a PrC?

But for now...

Broom-Fu [General]
Prerequisites: Enchant Broom, BAB +6
Benefit: You may wield the broom you are wielding as a weapon while you are riding it.
Normal: You can't beat people up with the broom you're riding. That would be silly.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:03:08 AM by Amechra »
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

My Profile Picture Writ Large.

Get your daily feat fix here!