Generic Zombie Survival
Setting: The game starts when you wake up at home to the pounding and groaning of zombies outside.
Stat System: 5 point buy added to Combat, Luck (also called resourcefulness), and Charisma.
Core Mechanic: D6+stat. Target DC is 5-6 for checks vs the GM. Checks against players are opposed rolls.
Victory Condition: Last longer than the other players. Cooperative victory possible by stopping the apocalypse or rebuilding civilization, whichever.
Failure in Combat:
1+ Failure: Unarmed players are wounded
2+ Failures: Players wielding melee weapons are wounded
3+ Failures: Zombies reach players wielding ranged weapons, inflicting a wound.
Players gain 1 Hunger per day + 1 Hunger per wound they heal naturally.
Healing & Infection:
Each ingame day wounded characters must roll a combat check vs the infection or become a zombie. success means you fight off the infection and heal your wounds. Each wound past the first increases the DC of the check by 1
• 3 wounds
• 6 or more Hunger
Anytime a player clears an area of zombies, players roll Luck/Resource, then choose one of the following. (The GM may restrict which types may be drawn at any time)
For Weapons: Draw a card from the Weapons deck.
• Revolver [Ranged Weapon]: +2 to combat (6 Uses)
• Shotgun [Ranged Weapon]: +4 to combat (2 Uses)
• Ammo: Replenish the uses of one weapon
• Machete [Sharp Melee Weapon]: +2 to combat (unlimited)
• Pipe [Blunt Melee Weapon]: +1 to combat (unlimited)
For Food: Draw a card from the Food deck.
• Junk Food: -1 Hunger, +1 Hunger on the next day
• MRE: -3 Hunger
• Canned Food: -2 Hunger
For Medical Supplies: Draw a card from the First Aid deck.
First Aid Deck:
• Bandages: -1 Wound (At the end of the day, no check)
• Antiseptic: No chance of infection at end of day when used.
• Painkillers: Stay alive at 3 Wounds for one day.
ON A NATURAL 6: Draw two and pick one.
When interacting with any NPC, a Charisma roll is used to determine how helpful or hostile they are. Players still have to make a good case.
Success: The NPC reacts favorably.
Failure: The NPC reacts unfavorably.
NATURAL 1: The NPC reacts in a hostile manner.
• Easy Mode: Players are immune to infection, but not death by wounds.
• Hard Mode: Infection save must be made for EACH wound, and only one wound is healed per day.
• Instagib Mode: 1 HP, 'nuff said.