My attempt at getting a little further with some of the ideas for a companion-based discipline in the Martial Techniques from BlazBlue thread
Another discipline that may interest you: Fox's Guile
Twin SoulKey Skill:
Sense MotivePreferred Weapons:
All natural weapons (including unarmed strike)
Any character with a companion (see below) may choose to gain access to Twin Soul in place of one of their existing disciplines. If they gain a companion after lv1, they must retrain any maneuvers from the traded discipline for Twin Soul maneuvers of appropriate level.Companions
For the purposes of these maneuvers, a "companion" is a familiar, animal companion, or other creature which shares a special bond with you (a cohort is not a companion, nor are the other members of your party). A dvati may designate his twin as a companion.
Any Twin Soul maneuver may be initiated by your companion instead of you. Switch any references to you and your companion (eg. your companion could initiate Take the Opening to attack an enemy you have struck). The manuever is expended as if you had used it yourself. A Twin Soul stance grants a benefit to both you and your companion, but both of you must spend a swift action to enter it (and your companion cannot normally use another stance at the same time); if your companion does not or cannot enter the stance then you cannot either.New FeatsTrue Bond [General]Benefit:
Choose one creature other than yourself. That creature can treat you as a companion for the purposes of the Twin Soul discipline.Special:
When you gain this feat, you may lose access to one of your martial disciplines and gain Twin Soul in its place, as if you had gained a companion.Special:
You may select this feat multiple times, choosing a different creature each time.Twin Soul Dodge [General]Prerequisite:
One Twin Soul maneuverBenefit:
While you are within one of your companion's threatened squares, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC. While your companion is within one of your threatened squares, they gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC. These benefits apply only while you are in a Twin Soul stance.Special:
This feat counts as Dodge for meeting prerequisites. You may have both this feat and Dodge.Maneuver ListLevel 1
- Assist: Gain improved bonuses from Aid Another.
- Speak without Words: Communicate soundlessly with your companion.
- Team Feint: You expose an enemy to your companion's attack.
- Cross Charge (Boost): You and your companion assist each others' movement.
- Improved Flanking (Stance): Gain greater benefits while flanking.
- Shared Will (Counter): Use your Will save in place of your companion's.
- Shared Expertise (Counter): Use your attack roll in place of your companion's.
- Regroup (Boost): Retreat towards your companion.
- Shared Reflexes (Counter): Use your Ref save in place of your companion's.
- One Heart for Another (Counter): Redirect an effect from your companion to yourself.
- Shield Breaking Strike (Strike): Make a melee attack, your companion's attacks ignore the target's damage reduction and energy resistance for 1 round.
- Strength of Two (Stance): You and your companion gain bonuses from proximity.
- Take the Opening (Counter): Attack a target just struck by your ally.
- Tempo Strike (Boost): Gain bonuses for performing the same action as your companion.
- Shared Fortitude (Counter): Use your Fort save in place of your companion's.
- Mirrored Soul (Stance): Transform into your companion.
- Ricochet (Boost): You can deflect your companion's attacks around corners.
- Shared Style (Boost): Your companion can use one of your maneuvers.
- Giant Tripping Strike (Strike): Make a melee attack, your target is flat-footed against your companion's attacks for 1 round.
- Fastball Special (Strike): You hurl your companion at an enemy.
- Dragon Flaying Strike (Strike): Make a melee attack, your target is flat-footed against your companion's attacks and they ignore their damage reduction and energy resistance for 1 round.
- Impromptu Partners (Boost): Treat a creature as your companion for 1 round.
- Twin Strike (Strike): Perform a combined strike with your companion.
- Soul Conduit: You improve the power of your companion's spells and special attacks.
Twin Soul Stance (Stance):
- Twin Hurricane (Strike): Perform a combined charge with your companion.
Anything that affects you also affects your companion.Twin Sight (Stance):
You can see anything your companion can.? (Counter):
Use your AC in place of your companion's.