Author Topic: Libertad's List of Links  (Read 10116 times)

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
  • Walk the Path of Explosions with me!
  • Respect: +102
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
Libertad's List of Links
« Topic Start: December 15, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
I'm running out of room for links in my signature, so instead I'll fit a bunch of my more well-known stuff here.

Products I created or helped create

My Paizo storefront.

My Drive-Thru RPG storefront.

My D20 Pathfinder SRD storefront!

The Abstract Thief: A mage-thief hybrid that can steal intangible concepts from other people.  $3.99  Drive-Thru Link Paizo Link D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

Death to Alignment: New options for gaming groups who wish to get rid of alignment as a game mechanic in Pathfinder games.  $4.99  Drive-Thru Link.  Paizo Link. D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

A Fine Bunch of Monsters: A mini-bestiary containing new foes of the two smallest size categories. $3.99  Drive-Thru RPG Link. Paizo Link. D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

New Fighter Maneuvers & Talents: A 13th Age sourcebook expanding upon the Fighter class using moves inspired by Tome of Battle/Path of War's school system. $3.99  Drive-Thru Link. Paizo Link. D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

Nice Things for Fighters: New feats, archetypes, and traits intended to shore up common weaknesses for low-tier martial classes.  $4.99  Drive-Thru link.  Paizo link. D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

Old School Monster Classes: A Labyrinth Lord (Basic D&D retroclone) compatible version of Playable Monsters Volume 1. $4.99 Drive-Thru Link.  Paizo Link.  D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

Old School Scifi: the Hacker Class: A computer genius class for White Star retroclone which uses a Vancian system for hacking skills. $2.49 Drive-Thru Link. D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

Playable Monsters for Fifth Edition: 16 iconic D&D monsters remodeled as PC races for the latest edition. $4.99 Drive-Thru Link. Paizo Link. D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.

Playable Monsters Vol. 1: Fantasy Iconics & Mythology: 16 iconic D&D monsters, remodeled for LA 0/no racial hit die versions scaled down for PC use! $5.99 Drive-Thru Link.  Paizo Link.  D20 Pathfinder SRD Link.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:30:57 PM by Libertad »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Libertad's List of Links
« Reply #1: December 22, 2012, 02:40:45 AM »
Articles, Threads, and Homebrew I Wrote

Monster Cops: My film noir crime drama D&D retroclone, and Something Awful Trad Games' February 2014 contest entry.

It Came From Drive-Thru RPG Index: A collection of the strangest works from this online store, and reviews.

Courtroom Reviews Index: A compilation of reviews of works judged on the promises they made.  Did they deliver, or did they fail to live up to their own hype?

On the Trail to Adventure Index: A soon-to-be collection of Adventure Path reviews.

Sexism in Tabletop Gaming: My thoughts on it, and what we can do about it.

D&D Message Boards as Fantasy Kingdoms: Something I did for fun.

My Planar Revision Project: An overhaul of the Great Wheel Cosmology.

Libertad's Weird Ideas (Mature topics): The contents of my brain too random and strange to post anywhere else.

The Munchkinmaxer Fallacy: Dispelling the myth that min-maxing is an inherently disruptive playstyle.

The Suck Like Me Fallacy: The assumption that the weaknesses of very underpowered characters can be overridden by the work of other players, and that optimization is detrimental to cooperative playstyles.

D&D Alignment Throughout the Ages: Official descriptions and explanations of alignment in the various Editions.

Caster vs. Noncaster Balance: It Stems From Something Deeper: Theory that Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards goes beyond D&D and is part of what we as a culture expect out of fantasy fiction.

A Master List of D&D Retro Clones and Old School Emulators: By far one of the most extensive lists of "Old School" D&D Emulators.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:11:11 PM by Libertad »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 29, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
Links to Things Related to RPGs

D&D 3.5 Homebrew Compendium: A collection of works created by folks here and on other D&D boards.

Women Fighters In Reasonable Armor: Burning the Chainmail Bikini in favor of practical wear.

D&D Tools A nearly complete list of classes, races, spells, feats, and more in 3.X D&D!

RP Tools: Open Source programs to enhance your games.

Roll20: Game with your buddies in a virtual tabletop!

The Frank and K Tomes: A rework of some of the more problematic elements of D&D.

Eclipe Phase PDFs: Eclipse Phase is a transhuman role-playing game of conspiracy and horror.  It is produced under the Creative Commons License, and the developer hosts all but one of the major sourcebooks on his blog.

Adeptus Evangelion: The pinnacle creation of /tg/, Adeptus Evangelion is set in the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion, using the Dark Heresy rules.  Players take the role of teenage mecha pilots and an Operations Director responsible for maintenance, troop deployment, and intelligence (think Misato).

Warlocks are too anime and overpowered: Mocking the ever so common criticism of unconventional D&D archetypes as "too anime."

Let's Read Forgotten Realms The Grey Box: An Ed Greenwood classic which started it all!

Let's Read The Complete Book of Elves: An in-character text discussing elven life and culture from the perspective of an elf?  Thinly-veiled contempt for non-elves?  Check.  Rationalizations towards societal inconsistencies? Check.  Downplaying slavery because grey elves "treat them kindly?"  Check-a-rooney!  The author later apologized for writing the book... because the game mechanics were overpowered.

FATAL & Friends: Obscure and/or Mockable RPG Books:  I recommend RPGs reviewed by Ettin and PurpleXVI.  For RPG reviews proper, I'd recommend Mouse Guard RPG by Kestral, Original D&D by Captain Hats, and the CthulhuTech series by Ettin.

Grognards.txt, Original: A 2,000 page collection of Edition Warriors, iron-fisted Dungeon Masters, defense of awful mechanics, and other unfortunate aspects of the table-top fandom.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:11:36 PM by Libertad »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 27, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »
Courtroom Reviews

A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe:  An attempt to integrate medieval European societies and economies into the 3rd Edition ruleset.  Incomplete review.

Feats Reforged, Vol. 1: Core Rules: Promises a remake of "useless" feats to make them relevant at all levels.  Also recommends them for low-magic, low-equipment campaigns.

Mythic Heroes: An action point system meant to replace spells and magic items in a low-magic 3rd Edition campaign.  Fails oh so hard.

The Pathfinder Guide to Overpowered Feats, or The Trial of Owen KC Stephens: A courtroom drama-based review of a mislabeled pair of Pathfinder products.

The Power Gamer's 3.5 Wizard's Strategy Guide: WIP by Eldritch Lord.  A sourcebook meant to detail tips and tricks for creating optimized Sorcerers and Wizards.

Trailblazer: New Horizons in 3.5 Role-Playing: WIP by Agita.  A book which promises to fix the most common complaints of 3.5 D&D.

True20 Adventure Role-Playing Revised Edition: A stripped-down d20 rules variant which requires only a single twenty-sided die for play.

Way of the Wicked:  The only Evil Adventure Path for 3.P Dungeons & Dragons.

Wicked Fantasy: The Reign of Men: Re-imagining humans as democratic anti-theists.  No relation to Way of the Wicked.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:11:54 PM by Libertad »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 18, 2013, 03:33:33 AM »
It Came From Drive-Thru RPG!

The Bestiary of GOP: All your favorite right-wing nuts, D&D-ified!

Better Than Any Man: A D&D retroclone adventure set in 1600s Germany, where seven witches took over a town and a cult seeks to revive their slumbering monstrous god.

The Book of Harlots: As said by veekie, a D&D sex book too dry to attract the kind of people who might use it.

Choice & Blood: Play D20 Modern?  Like to insert abortion politics into your gaming sessions?  Well, have I got a product for you!

Dinosaur Planet: Broncosaurus Rex: The US Civil War, cowboys, and dino riders... in space!

Modern Basics: Feats of an Adult Nature: A short, quick, and not-so-serious rulebook of sex feats.

Ponyfinder Race Book: You've got your MLP in my D&D!

Sisters of Rapture: Sexy scantily clad holy women for your Pathfinder campaign!  At least that's what it looks like on the surface.  In practice, it's a skeevier Book of Erotic Fantasy.

Solid!  The d20 Blaxploitation Experience: A D20 Modern supplement replicating the stunts and heroes of the 1970s film genre.

Stats for Jesus: Self-explanatory.

Video Game Magic Items: Faithful and accurate adaptions of many iconic items from Mario, Zelda, and other popular video game series.

Vornheim: The Complete City Kit: A sourcebook for creating places and adventures in fantasy cities.  Uses many cool examples from the author's home campaign.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:12:16 PM by Libertad »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 27, 2013, 09:23:25 PM »
3rd Party Pathfinder Reviews

Path of Shadows: a sourcebook full of new shadow and darkness-themed spells, feats, magic items, and a new stealthy gish class.  The game mechanics are very well-designed, and I enjoy the manipulation and situational modifiers revolving around the environment's light levels.

Rule Zero: Underlings: a quick and fast alternate method of generation for mook NPCs.  By distilling the core components down to a base table of attributes without excessive feats, spells, and the like, it is a very useful resource and one of my most-used books as a GM aside from Path of War and Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide.

Secrets of the Masquerade Reveler: a fey-themed Barbarian archetype who enters a morphic state while raging, gaining access to eidolon evolutions matching certain monsters and archetypes.  A very cool and versatile archetype which can let you double as the party face/skill monkey in addition to a melee rager, among other things.

The War Dancer: a martial controller base class who has a rounds/day Dance ability which allows them to move fast, perform elemental attacks, gain increased reach, and other terrain/mobility-based abilities.  Also has paladin/ranger progression divine casting.

You're Gonna Die Screaming: a pay-what-you-want optimization guide for the Commoner NPC class.  Meant to be a taste of things to come for The Adequate Commoner, a general-purpose sourcebook for all-Commoner parties and campaigns.

On the Trail to Adventure

Key of Destiny: A Dragonlance Adventure Path where the PCs come across an elven music box which can open a portal to the legendary Dragon's Graveyard.

Other Reviews

Dragonlance Campaign Setting: An overview of the classic setting for the 3rd Edition ruleset.  Abandoned for the time being.

Ptolus: Monte Cook's City by the Spire: An urban-based campaign setting used by the original 3rd Edition game designers for playtests.  Is a very big and thorough sourcebook on the city and its environs, and contains enough adventures to take PCs from levels 1 to 20.  Abandoned for the time being.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:56:10 PM by Libertad »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 03, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »
Play-by-Posts and Online Games I'm involved in

Iron & Rain: The forlorn lands of East Brendor are home to ghost-haunted halfling villas, the wintry tower-city of Vornheim, elves who are fighting a desperate war against entropy-obsessed ex-druids, and one too many hamlets hiding dark secrets.  In spite of it all, people come here to discover and unearth forgotten treasures and forbidden knowledge.  Come and watch the saga of Alex and Kana, an elven scholar and human swordmaster venturing through these realms of darkness and dread!

Arcana High Campaign Journal: Highstone Academy's the pre-eminent center of learning the magical arts.  After a mysterious comet crashes and demons invade the school, four students chance upon the relics of heroes of old and assume their mantle as the Secret Swords.  From monsters attacking the city to wicked schemers with plots most foul, the Swords must juggle their secret identities with the trials and tribulations of not-so-normal classes such as arcane dueling and dungeon obstacle courses.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:48:12 PM by Libertad »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:25:45 PM by Libertad »